When dealing with a rodent infestation, the fastest way to resolve the problem is to know which rodent is causing it. With residential homes in the Dallas, TX area, the usual suspects of a rodent infestation are mice and rats. Here are a few easy ways you can identify the different characteristics between a mouse and a rat and put an end to your rodent issue before it spreads out of control.
Differences Between a Mouse and a Rat
- Rats have smaller ears than mice
- Mice have thin, long, hairy tails and rats have thick, scaly, hairless, pink tails
- Mice leave more droppings than rats
- Rat droppings are rounded, and mice droppings are shaped like grains of rice
- Mice chew clear cut holes the size of a dime, while a rat’s chew hole is the size of a quarter with torn edges
Dangers and Damages of a Rodent Infestation
Understanding the differences between a mouse and a rat can help you to quickly identify the pests in your home and put an end to the infestation before expensive damages can occur. Some of the many property damages and risks caused by a rodent infestation include:
- Chewed through drywall, doors, molding, and furniture
- Frayed wires and cables resulting in electrical power outages and fire hazards
- Foul and toxic odors due to rodent feces and urine saturation
- Contaminated surfaces, food, and air quality
- The spread of contagious diseases through direct contact with rodent droppings or bites and scratches
Once you suspect a rodent infestation exists, it is important to act fast and hire the professional rodent removal specialists at Critter Control® of Dallas before the damages get worse or the health of your family and pets is compromised.
Professional Steps for Rodent Removal
During the first step of the rodent removal process, our qualified rodent removal technician will inspect your house to identify the pests, assess the damage, discover their entry points, and locate their hiding spots. Then, our licensed wildlife experts will strategize a plan to completely remove all rodents using safe, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly methods. Once your house is rodent free, any damages caused by the infestation will be cleaned and repaired and all entry points will be blocked off to prevent rodents from returning.
Mice and Rat Removal Experts in Dallas, TX
At Critter Control® of Dallas, we pride ourselves in using eco-friendly and humane methods of removal when it comes to removing unwanted rodents from inside your home. If you are dealing with a rodent infestation in the Greater Dallas area, call us today at 817-222-1101 to schedule an inspection and receive a free estimate for our safe and effective rodent removal services.