Rats pose a huge problem when they infest your home. Recognizing a rat infestation is extremely important in order to resolve the problem as fast as possible. Rats can be found digging under your home, living in your garbage cans, or building nests in your attic and walls. Choosing a proper removal method is essential to effectively rid your property of the problem and prevent any future infestations from occurring.
Signs of a Rat Infestation
Knowing the signs of a rat infestation will help to stop the problem as soon as it starts. Look and listen out for:
- Droppings – Rats will leave a trail of unpleasant and smelly feces and urine all over your home.
- Noises – Rats are known to make scratching, squeaking, and scurrying sounds overhead at night.
- Holes and nests – Rats often chew their way inside to nest in attics and darker spaces in homes.
- Stains and footprints – Rats will leave dark stains and trail marks on floors and around openings.
Dangers and Damages of Rats
When rats infest your home and property, they can create a number of problems.
- Rats can pass diseases and infections to you and your pets. This includes, but is not limited to, salmonella, leptospirosis, and rat-bite fever.
- Rats can chew through wires in your electrical system causing power outages and fire hazards.
- Rats create holes in your drywall, flooring, and under roof shingles to make nests in your home.
Dealing with rats can be a nuisance, but it is important that you immediately take action once a rat problem is discovered.
Get Rid of Rats Efficiently
Getting rid of rats can be difficult but avoiding the problem can be dangerous to your health. If a rat infestation is suspected, make sure to seal any gaps in your home and foundation, clean any cluttered spaces, and remove any garbage or potential food sources around your home , and property. Once you take these necessary steps, make sure to contact a reliable rat removal service in your area.
Best Rat Removal Services in Dallas
At Critter Control® of Dallas, we make sure to take the necessary steps in order to put an end to your rat problem effectively and efficiently. Rats can outsmart typical store-bought traps and methods, which can only create more of a problem. If you are dealing with a rat, rodent, or pest infestation in the Dallas area, give us a call at 817-222-1101 for a free estimate.