It is important to know the warning signs of a rat infestation to help keep you ahead of the problem. When dealing with rats, you may notice squeaking noises, dark stains on floors, chew marks on baseboards, or droppings inside your kitchen pantry. Once you detect these signs of a rat infestation in your kitchen, it is important to act fast and immediately contact a professional rat removal service to quickly and safely remove rats from your home and keep them from returning.
Why Rats Are Attracted to Your Kitchen
To fully understand how to keep rats out of your home, it is important to know what attracts them to your kitchen in the first place. Invasive rats are likely searching for the following:
- Shelter in dark or cluttered spaces
- Unsealed food boxes
- Accessible water sources
- Crumbs and trash
- Pet food bowls
How to Get Rid of Rats in Your Kitchen
There are ways to minimize the risk of a full rat infestation in your home.
- Eliminate potential food sources: Don’t leave food sitting out on the counter, and make sure to vacuum frequently, clean up any spillages, keep waste in closed bins, and store dry food in tightly sealed plastic containers.
- Clean and declutter: Having less clutter gives rats fewer places to hide and nest. Move objects away from the wall so you can check what is behind them. Regularly clean out your pantry of any old cardboard food boxes or expired foods that could attract hungry rats.
- Seal all gaps: Rats can squeeze through even the tiniest holes to get into your home. Scan the exterior of your home for any exposures and seal them with caulk, metal kick plates, cement, or wire mesh to prevent rats from entering your property.
- Contact a rat removal professional: A licensed and trained rat removal technician will have the experience and equipment needed to safely get rid of rats in your kitchen.
Get Rid of Rats with Critter Control® of Dallas
At Critter Control® of Dallas, we pride ourselves in using eco-friendly and humane methods when it comes to removing unwanted critters from inside your home. If you are dealing with a rat infestation in your kitchen, we will thoroughly inspect your property, permanently remove the pests, clean and repair all damages, and seal any entry points the rats used to get inside.
To schedule an inspection and receive a free rat removal estimate, call Critter Control® of Dallas today at 817-222-1101.