The attic in your home provides a safe, comfortable environment that many rats find irresistible. Contrary to what many think, rats won’t leave your home on their own, especially if they’ve found an easy source of food and water to aid their nesting. Rats can squeeze through even the tiniest holes in our home and can go unnoticed for a long time, allowing them to build their nests and raise young leads to a much more severe infestation. The longer that rats are allowed to stay in your home, the more likely you are to experience issues like:
- Exposure to harmful diseases like rat-bite fever or leptospirosis
- Irritating noises at night
- Damages to any stored goods or personal belongings kept in the attic
- Damages to the ceiling below your attic and your walls due to urine and feces permeation
- Frayed wiring from their constant chewing, resulting in a fire hazard
- Damage to your attic insulation, which will increase you energy bills
Our 4-Step Method
Over our 30+ years in business, we’ve been able to perfect our removal and exclusion process, which helps ensure that the rats are removed as efficiently as possible, and are not allowed to return. Here is what you can expect when you choose Critter Control® of Dallas:
- Inspection: When you schedule a home consultation, we will dispatch a rat removal expert to check the whereabouts and severity of the infestation.
- Removal: When the rat nest has been adequately examined, we’ll work with you to come up with a removal strategy that works for your needs, and remove the rats efficiently.
- Restore: After all the critters are out of your home, we’ll restore any of the damages they may have left in their wake. This includes any damage to your attic insulation.
- Exclusion: Once your home is back to normal, we’ll close up potential entry points to ensure that the rats cannot return in the future.
If you have rats in your attic, you should never attempt to remove them on your own due to the risk of disease. DIY traps are largely ineffective and do nothing to address the cause of your infestation. To keep your home and family safe for years to come, choose Critter Control® of Dallas. Call us today at 817-222-1101 with any questions, or to schedule a consultation.